Last updated: May 2, 2019
This Privacy Charter (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Charter’) is that of the company that publishes the MyGoldencloset.com website (hereinafter referred to as ‘we’):
- My Golden Closet SASU
- The purpose of this Charter is to inform you of our practices regarding the collection, use and sharing of information that you may provide to us when you use our My Golden Close website.
- We encourage you to carefully read this Charter, which applies when you use My Golden Closet, in order to know and understand our practices regarding the processing of your personal data that We handle as well as your rights.
- This Charter shall take effect as of 01/05/2019. It is subject to change at any time; in the event of substantial changes, we will inform you within a reasonable time period and, if necessary, request your consent again before it comes into effect.
- Purpose of the Charter
- The information we collect
- 2.1. Required information that you transmit directly to us
- 2.2. Additional and optional information that you may send us
- 2.3. The information we automatically collect
- The use of the data we collect
- Data retention periods
- Storage of your information
- 6.1. Technical cookies
- 6.2. Audience measurement cookies
- Your rights
- Exercising your rights
1. Purpose of the Charter
To enable you to make the best use of our My Golden Closet service, we may collect and use some of your information. This Charter aims to inform you of our practices and the reasons for them, in order to guarantee transparency for our users.
We undertake to use your information in compliance with the laws relating to the protection of personal data.
2. The information we collect
We collect and process the following data:
2.1. Required information that you transmit directly to us
Depending on the use of our services on My Golden Closet, certain information must be provided. This is the data you transmit directly to us.
This information is required, for example, to create your account or to establish communication between your guests and yourself. These data are necessary so that we can provide you with the related service.
We, therefore, explain why we need it.
- 2.1.1 Information concerning your identity and contact details, such as your surname, first name, email and password. This information is required when you create your My Golden Closet account.
- 2.1.2 Information concerning your article, such as the nature of your article (shoes, jacket, dress, color,...), its location and at least one photograph of your article. This information is needed to add it to My Golden Closet.
- 2.1.3 Information concerning your calendar,such as dates and periods of availability of your article. This information is necessary when you wish to share your home with the My Golden Closet community.
- 2.1.5 Evidence required for guarantees,such as proof of cancellation or damage you have suffered. These data may be transmitted to our financial partners.
2.2. Additional and optional information that you may send us
When using our services on My Golden Closet, in order to benefit from an enhanced user experience, you may be asked to provide us with additional categories of information, the provision of which is optional, such as the following:
- 2.2.1 Additional information enriching your profile, such as your photograph, your telephone number, your description of yourself in your profile.
- 2.2.2 Additional information enriching your article, such as photographs of your article, your description of your article, the use you made of it in the past.
- 2.2.3 Private messaging.We also collect the private messages that you exchange with other members, but we treat them as confidential private correspondence in accordance with applicable regulations.
2.3. The information we automatically collect
Data may be automatically collected. We also automatically collect certain categories of information such as:
3. The use of the data we collect
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
3.1 to execute contracts concluded between you and us or between our business partners and us and to provide you with the services requested
This processing is necessary for the performance of our respective contractual obligations, in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Use, accepted when creating your account and using My Golden Closet.
3.2 to allow you to customise your profile in order to share more information with the My Golden Closet community, socialise and reassure other My Golden Closet members
This processing is done based on your consent.
3.3 to verify your identity and to certify your member account in order to enjoy the trust of the other members of the My Golden Closet community
This processing is done based on your consent.
3.4 to answer your questions and assist you with your requests
This processing is necessary for the performance of our respective contractual obligations.
3.5 to send you newsletters and notifications regarding My Golden Closet community news and to notify you when there is activity on your account
For example :
This processing is done based on your consent.
However, you can opt-out and ask us to stop sending these emails, by expressing your choice by sending us an email:firstname.lastname@example.org
3.6 to prevent fraud and illegal activities
We have a legitimate interest in verifying certain suspicious behaviours of users on My Golden Closet and carrying out verifications of information, in order to combat fraud (identity theft) abuse (creation of false accounts) and any illegal activity (hacking) or activity contrary to public order. We believe that you can reasonably expect us to perform these transactions and that they do not infringe on your rights and freedoms. We are likely to implement automated detection systems and to humanly verify the relevance of suspicions that our systems detect.
This processing is necessary in order to protect My Golden Closet members and protect them from attempts at fraud, which is a legitimate interest.
3.8 to store connection logs
This processing is based on a legal obligation to keep logs of connections to My Golden Closet for a period of one year.
For processing performed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by removing the information from your account yourself.
4. Data retention periods
How long we keep your information depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which we needed to collect it.
Generally speaking, we undertake to maintain the information contained in your profile for a period of three years from our last contact with you (for example, your last connection to My Golden Closet). Beyond this period of three years, we will automatically delete your account and all associated data.
- - for legal and accounting obligations, we may retain certain information for a maximum period of 10 yearsfrom their date (commercial limitation period);
- - for evidentiary reasons:information collected for management and technical assistance purposes may be kept for a maximum period of five years from their date (civil limitation period);
5. Storage of your information
Our servers are located within the European Union.
6.1 Technical cookies
We need to store these cookies so that you can use the basic functions of our website and to offer you improved, personalised functions.
For example, technical cookies will allow us to know that you are connected, to offer you the language of your choice, to display the website according to your display preferences, to better manage the load on our servers, etc.
6.2 Audience measurement cookies
We place these cookies to better understand how you browse our website, what other website you came from, what content will get your attention, which pages you visit most regularly, etc. This allows us to improve our service.
7. Your rights
You have several rights with respect to your information that we possess:
|Right of access|
You may ask us to access any information we hold about you.
|Right to rectification|
You may ask us to correct your information.
Most of the time, you can make corrections yourself when you are connected to our website.
|Right to object|
You may ask us to stop using your information when we do so because of a legitimate interest.
You may also ask us to stop sending you direct marketing / prospecting messages.
|Right to withdraw consent|
Where you have given us your consent to use your information for a specific purpose, you may, at any time, decide to withdraw your consent and we will then stop using your information for that purpose.
|Right to erasure or right to be forgotten|
You may ask us, via email, to delete your information or to stop using it.
We can only do this when possible: sometimes we need your information to comply with the law or simply to provide you with our services.
|Right to restriction of processing|
You may ask us by email to block the use of your information, i.e. to temporarily store it but to stop using it.
|Right to portability|
You may contact us to request an export of your information in a reusable format.
|Right to lodge a complaint|
You may lodge a complaint with the authority responsible for protecting personal data (in France, the CNILwww.cnil.fr) if you believe that your rights have not been respected.
8. Exercising your rights
To exercise your rights, contact us at email@example.com.
We will do our best to answer you within one month.
Any refusal of a request will be documented and explained.
Proof of identity is required for all requests to exercise rights (except in special exceptions).